Thursday, November 15, 2012

Tabur Hill

Today is the New Year in the Islamic calendar. Wishing all Muslims a Maal Hijrah, and may this year bring lots of happiness and prosperity!

So today, is another public holiday. Again, my cousins an I opted for recreation. Last night before I went to bed, my cousin called, "Wanna climb Tabur Hill tomorrow?". Being a lil self-conscious, I question, "Where at? Is it higher than Broga Hill? Is it more challenging?". And my cousin, Bob assured me that it was a lil bit challenging, but has the most breathtaking view ever. Highly because of the view, I said Yes!

Planned to go at 6am. (Somehow my alarm clock didn't work). It's as if it knows today was public holiday! Even my cousins didn't wake on time. So instead, we hit off at 7am. On the way, it poured heavily. So we decided to cancel the climb and instead, had breakfast at NZ Wangsa Walk. I had chappati and Hot Nescafe, all because I knew the climb was cancelled and that I might wanna go luxury on breakfast. Like they say, Breakfast like a King. And out of nowhere, the bright sun rised and the initial plan to climb up Tabur Hill was back on! (I'm a bit full to climb, but I went for it).

Here goes...

Started climbing up Tabur Hill at 9am. Unlike climbing Broga Hill, I started to ran out of breath 20 mins after the climb. We had to grab onto tree branches to pull ourself up. Wrong step might lead you to a fall-down. And I started losing breath fast and rest for like every 10 minutes! The last time I was like this was when I climbed Mt. Kinabalu in 2006. Freakin' tiring!
Well, taking a short breath also meant picture-moment.

My cousins. They're already a pro in mountain climbing.

Among the signs available at the foothill.


The view of Kuala Lumpur wasn't beautiful today. We couldn't even see KLCC and Kl Tower.

Taking a breath out of a breathtaking view.


Overlooking Klang Gate Dam below.

Picture purpose only. Posers!


Almost there. Here, we're actually queueing up to reach the peak, which is another 6-10mins.

The last challenge before reaching the peak.


Finally, the peak! And...snack time!

Time to go down. Oh, that peak over there? We were there on our way up to the East peak. So theoretically, you'd have to go through several peaks before you actually reach the real peak. You climb up..climb down..up again..then down again..then finally, the peak! *exhale*

Don't be fooled by his smile. He ain't posing nor taking a break! He fell on his bums. LOL.

We reached the foothill 40mins later. We didn't follow the route we went up. There was another route down, so we opted for the shortcut, going through farms and people's home.

To conclude, it took us 1hour and 10mins to reach the peak. My cousin said we were quick. Especially with a starter like me. (Woo..aren't I proud of myself?) *pads own shoulder*.



When I start getting the hang out of this outdoor activity, I might wanna climb up other peaks. Even here at Tabur Hill, there are few peaks altogether. And it has different routes providing different challenges. There's the East, West, Extreme and Far East. 



I say if you wanna experience outdoor challenge, go here! Tabur Hill is located at Taman Melawati. No entrance fee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambest jer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...