Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Broga Hill

Today is November 13, 2012. Happy Deepavali to those celebrating. May you have a joyous Festival of Lights celebration.

Since I don't celebrate this festival, and today is public holiday, I opted for recreation. Together with two of my cousins, Kak In and Abang Bob..we went to Bukit Broga (Broga Hill) in Semenyih.

The last time I climbed a hill mountain (Mount Kinabalu), was in 2006. 6 years people! I know climbing up Broga Hill is far less challenging than climbing up Mt. Kinabalu in Sabah, but six years? My muscle have gone all stiff by now! Good thing I've been going to gyms and badminton trainings for the past few weeks. At least I won't be having major muscle cramps after the climb then.

We reached the foothill of Broga Hill at 7am and started climbing up. The first 35 mins was all steady-going. The only challenge then was the slippery ground. We had to firmly hold on to tree branches and walk bowing to have a firmer gravity position. (Gotta be really careful. I don't expect myself to fall on my bums and be seen by other climbers. Remember, today is public holiday. There were so many people climbing). Along the way, my cousins and I couldn't help laughing and making jokes on foot tracks. Surely on tracks we assumed were skid marks. Oh..what I've learnt long ago: Never Laugh at Seeing People Fall Down. Especially on a climb. Cuz the voodoo-effect is, you'd fall too.

Parking lot: palm oil plantations

The climb

Look how slippery those soils are.

Finally after 35 minutes of climbing non-stop..I asked to pull aside for some fresh air. Mann..I'm really in need for some stamina. 

Finally reaching the grass weeds area.

Kak In and I.

I wonder whose shoe sole this is.

Take 5 at Peak 1.

Overlooking Peak 2. And eating Boost chocolate bar to help boost my energy level.

What a wrong view for a picture snap.
Candid.

Halfway up Peak 2. Overlooking Peak 1.

Time to rehydrate.

Bob and I.

The view.

Going down.

Fresh coconut juice to re-energize.
Poor sneakers all muddy.

Altogether at Broga Hill, there are three peaks. As of today, I only managed to climb 1 peak and a half. I didn't even reach Peak 2! Well, I'm saving for the next trip. Hopefully to reach Peak 3 as well. 

After the climb..we thought of hitting the Mamak's. But instead we hit off to Kak In's friends' house (cuz they promised to meet). She prepared for us..nasi lemak! And her home-made lempeng (the best I've ever tasted). 

On the way back home, we stopped at McCafe for some caffeine.
I got myself an Iced Hazelnut Latte (left).

Once home, we hit the showers for sure. 



Dear Broga Hill, till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambest jer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...