Tuesday, May 28, 2013

BBA (Hons) Operations Management...is in my hand. Alhamdulillah.

May 19, 2013- I've just graduated from Universiti Teknologi MARA Terengganu (Dungun campus) with a Bachelor of Business Administration (hons) Operations Management qualification, and I must say it was a wonderful roller-coaster ride. Despite going through tough times as a student e.g dealing with; deadlines, numerous assignments, to perform well individually and in group projects, facing impromptu quizzes and scary periodical tests, to conform to lecturer's requirements in assignments, projects and tests accordingly, to stay competitive with peers, to participate in extra-curricular activities, to discharge our responsibilities in clubs and associations rightfully, as well as setting a clean record as a student. Although 2 years may seem a like a long journey, it seemed to have passed so quickly for me. 

To recall back, the reason I opted for this Bachelor program was because I wanted to. I became fond of the subject during my Diploma studies. However, I also knew that that there were only two UiTM campuses that provided the course in Malaysia; Shah Alam and Dungun. I wasn't picky, but if I had the chance to choose, I would choose Shah Alam. Mainly cuz its so much nearer to home and KL on the whole. Not that I'm easily home-sick, but it enables me to visit my relatives easily after many years being an expatriate. Ehem. But at the same time, I didn't put high hopes on anything. Even if I did get Dungun, my advantage would be to live and explore a new piece of land. There goes. Turns out, I was placed in Dungun. And to strengthen the reason why I was placed in Dungun, I heard it was due to Shah Alam closing any intakes of Business Students temporarily. Heck, I was happy either way.

I didn't get a hostel placement. So I had to find my own house to rent. Good thing my friend, Atikah, had earlier found a home to rent. So I just checked-in the house. My next concern now that I live far from campus, is transportation. Somehow, God conveyed my needs to my parents (who was still living in Sabah at the time), and by the next few weeks, I got a car. (God, thank you). Life was easy. Only thing hard was in the view of entertainment. I grew up living in cities; Kuala Lumpur, Taipei and Kota Kinabalu. Dungun was a total different. I tend to get bored easily on weekends. There was a mall 40-mins drive from Dungun, and that's where we usually hang out to watch the cinemas. Other times, we'd normally just hang out with friends at warungs' and eat keropok lekor, AB Jagung, Laksa Terengganu, and satar. 

Being a student here was a fun experience. A synopsis of what I went through in Dungun:
  • getting a warning notice to cut the electricity supplies (everyone was suddenly broke that month)
  • my car broke down in the middle of the road at a junction where there was a food stall filled with people (utter embarrassment),
  • having cows, goats and chickens coming in and out our house compound as they please (cow broke our water pipes causing leakage, many times)
  • snake in our drainage (i called 999)
  • cooking together (everyone had their specialized roles i.e. cook rice, main dish, vege, eggs, drinks, and wash dishes)
  • feeling hungry at midnight and hit to 2 restaurants to please noisy tummy (ate noodles in first, roti canai in second)
  • late night study at McDonald's (especially during exam weeks)
  • dealing with deadlines (procrastination always results negatively)
  • not meeting to assignment expectation (always a question what?)
  • presentations were always fun (it's the projector problem that spoils the fun)
  • classrooms were always freezing cold (jackets are essential. Unless you have kulit buaya)
  • got parking summon and had to plead for discounts (fined RM30)
Well, all these are a parcel of life, and I'm happy to experience them at this point of my life. In fact, I'll always laugh recalling some of our stupid acts and worries over stupid stuffs. After all, we are all friends. We share the same thoughts (most of the time), and we laughed at each other (all the time). LOL.

Well, it surely paid-off well after 2 years. I gotta admit, I'm no first-class graduate. Although I tried to every semester. I guess I didn't try hard enough. Sigh. There's just no way I can turn back time now. The only hope I have now, is to keep trying harder for my career development.

Enjoy the pictures of the convocation.


My backbone, my pillars of strengths







with the Kelantan ladies

OPEMS junior, Ulul and Ijam (junior lah sgt!)

My foster family in Dungun

These words I'm never to forget. So Ganu!

Goodbye UiTM Terengganu!

Goodbye Dungun!

Bouquet from my family and Ulul

Fancy cookies and Stitch plush doll from Aimi

Greatest gratitude to my parents, brother, sister, grandma and relatives for the ongoing support and prayers. My special thanks are extended to all lecturers and staffs of UiTM Terengganu that has directly or indirectly devoted their time and toils in developing their students to a better future. Last but not least, many many thanks to all my friends particularly Tika, Cyla and Ellie (all-year group buddies), the I.P.O.D-ers, OPEMS-ers, former housemates and friends. Thank you for the memories, thank you for being there during my ups and downs, thank you for giving me the memories that I will one day be proud to tell my kids, or even my grandchildren, and something to smile and laugh at all the time. 

With a bachelor degree in hand, it doesn't mean I can secure my job instantly. It's the development that counts. Plus, with such a big number of competitors, all graduating on or before me, it is up to me to determine my own future. As for me, I don't mind starting low and slow. As long as I improve blast and fast.

In case you're wondering whether or not I'll be pursuing my education to a higher level; Master degree. No. Not now. I'm striving to stabilize my career first. After all, we have so many privileges living in Malaysia provided with so many assistance to further study. Master degree can wait. 

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambest jer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...