Wednesday, August 22, 2012

"Where are you attached to?"



For the first few days I started my intern here, every time I met somebody new on my level, they'd asked "Where are you attached to?". Meaning to say, which country are you attached to?


Well this is because, my Unit don't usually take long-term (one semester) intern students. The longest a student stays in this Unit is one month. And after that, (with attachment), they'd fly off to another country. Bosnia, Philippines, Holland, Spain...u name it! For me, I guess I'm lucky enough to be able to be 'attached' to this Unit.

So how does a student gets an attachment? According to my research (read blogs, ask people), the attachment was set between the university and the company (Go ask your University if they're attached!). So it's a contract basis really. And no, my university does not provide their students with this awesome privilege. Sad face. 

Usually, when agreements are made between the university and company, the students are either be sent off straight to the given country, or be based here (particularly in this Unit) for one month. Then only will they be sent off to their overseas placement for the remainder period of industrial training (an awesome 4 months experience).

No wonder my colleagues here kept asking where I'm attached to. I am the chosen one, I guess. Ha. Ha. Ha. *Sniff*. As for that, I'm gonna try and gain as much experience I can here. It's not like everybody has such an opportunity right? So why waste when I can benefit?


Courtesy of Google
P/S: Still in Raya mood. Took one day off only for Raya. Now I'm back at work. The office is silent. They're still at kampung for Raya. I've had mine, so I'm back early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambest jer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...