Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Seriously...I'm Kidding. By Ellen Degeneres

I've just finished reading this book by Ellen Degeneres. I've always been a fan of her humour. Love her talk show.

So one day, I went into Kinokuniya book store in KLCC..and walaa~ I found this book by accident.


Without hesitation..I paid for the book (RM56.90) and got out of the book store as fast as I could. 
(The longer I stay..the higher the chance I'd buy another book. And this I gotta avoid cuz otherwise I wouldn't have enough change to catch the LRT train back home).

This is no story book with many serial chapters where a girl and a boy falls in love, got married, had children and lived happily ever after. It's a book with many current issues from Ellen's P.O.V. She talks just bout anything she wanna talk about. Among the chapters in this book are;

  • CoverGirl
  • How to be a Supermodel
  • Random Things That Might Help You But Probably Won't
  • American Idol, Or "If You Don't Have Anything Nice To Say. Don't Say Anything At All"
  • Dinner with a Psychic
  • Tweet Chapter
  • How to Become a Billionaire
  • and many more...
What makes Ellen's' book different? 

In Chapter: For the Children, she provided a 4-page colouring section. And she really meant it for kids.


In Chapter: For the Teenagers, she provided the below text. Something teens today will feel all cool and hip.

If you adults have no idea whatsoever on what the above text meant, Ellen has provided a chapter "For the Adults Who Don't Understand the 'For the Teenagers Chapter' and Really Want To". Here's where Ellen rephrased the texts in a lot more meaningful sentences. Unless of course, you might wanna give it a try by writing them down by yourself first, and only later will you read this chapter. Let's see how many you get right! Have a go. 

In chapter: Deep Thinkers and Not So Deep Thinkers, this phrase got me lovin' it.

"Deep thinkers are people who ask a lot of questions, who are conscious about their actions... 
Not so deep thinkers are people who litter. They're less aware of their impact on the planet. I mean, what year are you living in if you think you can still roll down your car window and toss garbage into the street? maybe that was super awesome in 1968 but not today. It's not cool, man."




So that's all I'm telling you about this book. I hope I triggered your temptation to buy this book somehow, cuz it's so worth it. It's different. It's very funny. Very easy-going. Very da..va..va..voom~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambest jer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...