Thursday, August 15, 2013

Aidilfitri 2013

So Raya (Eid) falls on a Thursday this year. I chose to take my leave starting from Monday, August 5 until Wednesday, August 7. That's three days of non-paid salary this month! Urghh. A day off means everything to you when you are a Temporary Officer working in a full/semi government. 

Anyhow. Raya don't come all year round. So a sacrifice is needed.

We're celebrating our first day of Raya in Penang this year.

To avoid contributing to the increasing number of road transports on land, my family and I decided to hit off to Penang that Monday, as early as 5am. Managed to stop at R&R Sg. Buloh for Subuh prayers. And arrived in Penang 3 hours and a half later. That was a fast journey if you asked me. No traffic. No policemen hiding under bridges to fine speeding cars. We even rolled down our windows for fresh air, rather than having our air-conds on. 

We arrived in Penang at 9.30am. Stopped by at Queensbay Mall for last-minute shopping. Had to wait until 10am for the shops to open. Meanwhile, tis' what we do.

Tis' was a photo prop

Ironman touched my butt me!

My marvel heros, all in one place.

Mr.Go sucking my sister's finger

All these shooting cases in the country lately is giving me the chills.


Whenever we have our first day Raya in Penang, our must-have menus are Ketupat Palas and Rendang Ayam & Daging. Provided with few other add-ons. 

So here are among the many photos we took during Raya. 

No particular colour theme this year. But somehow, we ended having pink by accident.

Snap! Snap!


Pinky sisters??

Nak duit raya!

The Haifa's

My Jambu cousins

Najmi just lost 3 front teeth




Commando on duty?

Nuts

Year 1999 & 2013. 

It's been years since we last got on Penang's ferry. 



Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, and Maaf Zahir & Batin all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambest jer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...