Friday, July 12, 2013

Do you remember?

Hello?

Year 1997 onward. Remember Monophonic? Well, it's those squeaky non-vocal music tune on the cellphone, once upon a time. My first cellphone had this. It was a Nokia 6110 (left), a descendant from my mum, and previously from my dad. Then I changed my phone to Nokia 8210 (right), also a descendant from my dad. Still monophonic. Some monophonic phones have Composer. Remember Composer? Whereby you can key in music notes to form a music piece? Well, my two phones didn't have one. So I'd usually play Snakes. Remember Snakes? No? Too bad, you millennium kid~ The best part, is changing it's housing. I had various colored housing, even a Fido Dido version, and it only costs RM1.00. And, remember Infrared? It's a component alike bluetooth to transfer contacts, except you have to touch phone-to-phone at the Infrared port and the transfer will occur. If you accidentally distance the phone, the connection will be lost. 




Year 2002 onward. Remember Polyphonic? Now this is an upgrade version of the monophonic phone. It's still non-vocal, but it has a better music tune. My first polyphonic phone was with Nokia 2650. Still no Composer. But yes, there's Snakes. Oh, the phone's revolutionizing, and it's colored screen! Those days, if you have a colored screen phone, you're cool man~ *whispers* Darn rich boy. Not that I'm rich, I bought mine late after everyone had one. And remember the time when you wanted to set a famous song tune into your phone as your ringtone, you had to download them from a magazine for RM2.00 each? There was no such thing as download from Internet back then. 


Year 2007. Then I bought Nokia 5300, Music Express. Now this is what I call great music. Finally I can set my ringtone to Hips Don't Lie (Shakira ft. Wyclef Jean) with voice! And there's built-in camera too! And there's a USB cable to transfer pictures, musics and videos too! Ooh..I feel very edgy, very sophisticated now. And I'm able to play music (with external buttons) whilst texting or play Snakes!


Year 2009. Okay, I had enough fun with Nokia already. Let's try something new. So I bought Sony Ericsson K660i. And now, the Internet has gone viral in cellphones. My new phone has Internet! Now I can update my Facebook status easily. And look at the sleek design. The speakers are great. No doubt to Sony. And the camera has bigger megapixel.Although I sigh a lot because it didn't have a flash, but I was happy because it enables me to take candid photos in secret easily.



Year 2011. Oh oh, another revolution! It's the qwerty keyboards now! Thanks to my dad, he again descendant his Nokia E70 to me, and I descendant my SE K660i to my sister. The screen was larger, the body width was slimmer, and I can record videos with satisfaction. The camera was great. It took many sharp photos, provided you know the trick. Which is to focus on the object first, by touching the sensory button in the middle. Unfortunately, I do not know how to turn off the flash. I've checked everywhere! So whenever I wanted to take a photo without flashes, I'd have to manually cover the flash with my finger. Worse, I can no longer take candid photos in public places. It totally disciplined me.



Year 2013. No, this is not another year of another cell phone revolution. This is the year of my personal record. It's the touchscreens! Ooh..know what I got? The..err...wait for it....the....errr.... Samsung Note II! Know why I'm super excited?? Because I've been craving for the Note since Note I launchings. I drooled every time I see it's commercials on TV and newspaper. I envied the model for being so creative and designed so well that the photos can be transferred from one picture to another. Well now that I'm holding one, I'm super grateful. 

Hmmm...I wonder what the next cellphone revolution will be? Touchscreens slide phones? Imagine Note II (actual size) but with extra slide screen to lengthen screen size. Or maybe touchscreens flip phones? Imagine Note II (actual size) that can be folded into two, yet functions like a full Note II when flipped open. Awesome~~~ Hmmm, what else? 





Till then, Toodles~



*The years indicated above may not be the exact date of the revolution, but it's based on my personal experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambest jer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...