Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Big Bad Wolf is in town!! Again.

Hoorey Hoorey! I'm finally back at the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale at The Mines!

I'm back to seek justice despite my negligence the last time I was here. Read what happened here: The Big Bad Wolf is in Town!!

Tandem with the last day of the event, I had to make sure I came back for the second time. Otherwise, I'd have to wait till next year! Also, with little hope something special will occur on the last day. Perhaps EXTRA discounts? Or Freebies? Or the Superheroes' Parade like the one I missed on the Opening event of the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale. Sigh.

The Superheroes Parade.

Turns out, there were only discount vouchers for Big Bad Wolf t-shirts if you purchase books for more than RM100.

Alike the last time I was here, there were Lamborghini cars displayed outside at the Entrance of the Hall. But what's different today was this.

Poor car. If they didn't want the car, they could have just gave it to charity me!

Here are some of the books I took ages to consider buying. I considered wants vs needs, book shelf space, when to read, reading purpose vs fill up bookshelf purpose, impact to my future, and also, the My-Dad's-Paying-So-Be-Relevant-in-Buying-Only-What's-Necessary consideration. 

Just look at the variety of topics of the Dummies and Complete Idiot's Guide book!





Now here's some books on travelling. There's so many countries to choose from!





Among other books I wanted to buy, but didn't. Sobs.



The reasons why I didn't buy these books were because (apart from the above considerations stated), I felt it wasn't necessary. Not now. Also because I'm more interested in graphics and typography rather than cartoon drawings. I lack in drawing human characteristics. I'd prefer drawing aliens. Something I could draw without restrictions. Besides, I could always Google to learn.

The leftovers on one of the tables.

"If the world does end, at least we'll be together". Left banner.

The event was supposed to end at 9pm. But they extended by an hour due to high demand. 

And to get customers to pay quickly (so that they can close up), there was a group of carollers singing Christmas carols just after the Cashier line. They sang so loud and energetic that people were curious to know. This led customers to the cashier, and of course pay up. What a brilliant idea!

The carollers discussing on what song to sing next.

At the end of the day, these were the books I managed to bring home with me. All smiles.


I wonder how many books the Big Bad Wolf managed to sell out of the 3 millions.

Can't wait till next year already!




On the contrary, I didn't get to go to the Comic Fiesta 2012 in KLCC. Boohoo. I've had some unavoidable events to attend to.

I wonder if there's a national event for Garage Sale or Flea Market in Malaysia. Cuz I'd certainly go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambest jer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...