Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Big Bad Wolf is in town!!

And no, it's not the real BIG Bad Wolf that frighten poor Red Ridinghood who ran to her grandma's house in the woods. It's 'the' World's BIGGEST Book Sale! For more info, click here: Big Bad Wolf Books

The Big Bad Wolf Books was founded by a husband and wife; Andrew Yap and Jacqueline Ng whom also runs Bookxcess at Amcorp Mall in Petaling Jaya. To be able to offer cheap books with 75%-95% discounts, they traveled the world to visit distributors, and obtained the books directly. By this, not only are they able to offer cheap books, but they are also implementing efforts to encourage the young to love reading! #Respect.

So I asked my dad, "What's the plan for Sunday? Can we go to the Mines?". And he agreed. 

So on Sunday morning, before we went to the Mines, we stopped at the bank to withdraw some cash. Unfortunately for my Dad, he had problems with his ATM card. And that really linked to me and my brother to being unfortunate as well. Boohoo. I only had RM50 in hand! And my Dad was like, "It's enough for the three of us. We're not planning to buy a lot of books are we?". Me sigh. Well maybe not. Aren't overseas books supposed to be expensive? I guess one's enough. 

And little did I remembered to stop at ATM machines to withdraw my own money along the way! Was overly excited to head to the Mines Convention Centre (MIECC) where the book sale was. Once inside, I kept asking people where the nearest ATM machine was, and mostly said "Dunno". Only one said, "You have to go back into Mines Shopping Mall (with linked bridge to MIECC). That's wayy far (now that I'm already getting comfortable in the MIECC)! 



The entrance

Inside was HUGE! ENORMOUS! GIGANTIC! Leg-Breaking-Potential-ability! But the feeling of overwhelm quickly swept it off. 



One of my favourite hot spots!


Books here. Books there! Which to choose? Bear in mind, RM50 for three people! Urghh..this is soo..tormenting! Every book I laid my hands on, was overwhelmingly cheap! Like this book here.

RM12??? This book can cost approx. RM100 at normal bookstores! Go crazy!

Among others:
Snoopy! RM20.

Titanic

Book on Business Card design. RM15.

This clutch-like thing IS a book.

Comic. RM20.

Twitter cook book. RM8.

In-the-loo Boggle activity puzzle. RM5.

Oh, what's also fascinating? The posters and its taglines.

No laser guns? Hahahaha.


Books too cheap to be stolen!

It's like the public 'No Trespassing' warning signs. Only this, you'd have the potential to be bitten by a wolf! LOL.

In case your children starts to get bored, and you aren't done with book-shopping, there's a kids' playground on the second floor of the hall. That'll keep them quiet and happy, and so will you!

Here's the overview of the hall from the second floor.

My dad, brother and I went our separate way inside here. Came in gloomily excited (fair reminder: RM50 in cash), until suddenly..so suddenly..my Dad called "we can pay by credit card!!" Without further a due, I traced back my steps to grab the books I once held (with the indication to buy, but put back cuz I was too lazy to go to the nearest ATM machine which was really far). I was now merely grabbing books that I assume is awesome into my only two hands. Anyhow, I could always shortlist the books later on. 

Met up with my dad and brother. And they too were holding an armful of books. Thank you Big Bad Wolf Books for the facilities! And since we were starting to drop books (as we no longer have space in arm), we asked the staff there for a box. Them, being an experienced and understanding host, made empty boxes available for customers. 
Boxes at the back all ready upon request.
Oh, if you're too tired to walk on, you could always sit down and read a book.


Them excited over Pele's scrapbook.



A box full of happy books for a happy buyer.

Okay, enough shopping already. Time to credit-card-payment for the books! 


Queuing up.

Good thing it wasn't peak hours.




So here are the books we bought with the total cost of RM198 only.


So who says I don't read History books?
Normal price of one Horrible Histories book at normal book stores is RM30. Here, they sold All 10 at RM65 only! Sure is worth it. I've always been discontented every time I go into a book store and decided not to buy the book cuz it was too expensive. And now I can sleep soundly knowing it's well stocked up in my book shelf. Happy face.

Adding more humor books to the collection. The 364 Days of Tedium book costs RM8. And those two small books of Really Crap Jokes and Really Gross Facts costs RM3 each.

Garfield!! Overly excited! RM10 each.

Horror manga. RM3 only.

This maze puzzle book I bought is not only to fill in my free time of boredom, but I'm also excited to see the completed picture of it. RM5.

This scrapbook on the First Man on the Moon is wayy cool. RM15. It has all the data, facts and copies of original transcripts and such that is related to the Moon Mission.

Neil Armstrong's menu in space.

Paper cutting of July 21, 1969.


Transcript copies of media questioning about the picture of the first man to land on moon.

The commemorative medallion.
And many more....

Upon reaching home, I suddenly realized I misplaced these books. I believed it didn't reach the counter. I must have misplaced it when I was carrying the books in my arms around.


Well, tough luck. At least I have these free bookmarks. 


Outside the area of the book sale, there were merchandises for sale. So I bought these. With hopes to inspire my inner creativity a lot more. 3 for RM10.


Well then, that's about it. I must say, when it comes to books and stationary, I insanely go all excited quite quickly. Oh, I forgot to mention. I was also looking out for books on How-To on drawings, but didn't quite meet my expectation. There were drawings on animals, dinosaurs and aliens. I was actually looking for somewhat doodle, cartoon sketch or typography, but it was unavailable. 

In short, I was happy! So were my dad and brother. My dad bought books on football, and my brother bought cooking books. I hope he has that continuous inspiration to cook, and becomes a good chef one day. If not a chef, a good cook for the family. Hohoho.

The book sale will end on Dec.23, 2012. So hopefully I'd still have time to go there this coming Saturday to grab back the books I misplaced. Plus, my sister will have her mid-term break and is coming back to KL, and my mum too is coming back from Sabah. And I'm praying I won't be in Dungun for VIVA presentation around that time. These past few years, it's been hard to gather the whole family together. 




Oh, record-breaking for my brother: He had his first Tutti-Frutti experience today. LOL. Earlier he was like; "Kak, show me how to buy froyo from Tutti-Frutti". And I LOL-ed my head off. What a mean sister! Well, that's mainly cuz he's not a big fan of ice-cream, so it never quite triggered him to try out various froyo outlets. And it was also a record-breaking for me for buying yet at the cheapest cost: RM7.90. Until yesterday, I've never bought a froyo for less than RM10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambest jer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...