Sunday, June 5, 2011

When i grow up, i wanna be...

Topic of the day: Ambition.

Little artist dreaming big.

My first ambition ever, since pre-school was to become an artist. I've always loved drawing. I'm not good at drawing, but i have the passion to learn. Until my dad suggested me a new ambition: Architect.


Becoming an architect for me, was to draw house plans. As far as i understood. At least that's what my dad explained to me. Besides, i was only 8. How on earth should my dad explain in detail what an architect is. As if i'd understood. 

Things changed after high school. Okay Yong. Architect really isn't your thing. Cuz the utmost important thing you need to be well good at; Physics, is really not your best friend.
Okay, i suck in Physics. 

Graph the graphics.
Fashionista wannabe


Cartoonists lined up

So then, i dream of becoming a graphic designer. Or maybe a fashion designer perhaps? Oh..oh..i know! A cartoonists! Yes..dream big Yong. So i applied for these courses to further in my university level.

Later after the application, i was called for an interview for Art and Design course in UiTM. Few months later, i found out i Passed the interview. Yahoo!

But after thorough discussion with my parents, they suggested i change the course. Cuz Art and Design doesn't seem to be able to go far. Plus, like i said earlier, i'm not that good in drawing. I wasn't born to be good at drawing. Perhaps with a little practice, i could become better. But with such competitive world out there, i might just be seen as a midget.
Plus, i strongly believe that if i listen to my parents, i would have their blessings. Blessings are wayyy important.

Salute u Pat!
I remembered my dad telling me. When he was little, he wanted to become a military pilot. Seeing his dad (my late granddad) worked for TUDM. But my grandmom opposed the idea, saying it was dangerous. 
At the same situation i faced, he agreed to change ambition.

And because my dad listened to his parents, he was blessed. So i'm hoping for the same fate to occur to me.
I hope that an artist, architect, graphic designer, fashion designer or a cartoonists is not meant for me. 

I was heartbroken. But i do see a brighter future if i don't go on with it.


Future me?
Now that i'm studying business, i'm still not clear whether or not i should be involved in this business field for my future career. Cuz business has never been my interest. But i sooo hope there's a wisdom behind it. 




Amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambest jer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...