Monday, October 15, 2012

Halfest 2012

Never heard it? Never been to one?


According to halal.com.my Halfest (Halal Fiesta) is an a mega consumer expo for Halal-certified products and services.It's a 5-day expo that showcases local Halal manufacturers and service providers to promote their products to the local consumers. Be it for Muslims or non-Muslims. Plus, it enhances business relationship between players in the industry. Apart from exhibitions, there are other activities offered i.e. cooking demo, quiz and games, celebrities' appearances, kids' activities etc etc. Halfest aims to nurture local
Halal SMEs into becoming a reputable global industry player and thus increasing the demand for Halal product worldwide. Also, it helps educate the public to be Halal-concerned in adopting a Halal lifestyle.

As for me, I was sooo...looking forward to Halfest...*drum roll*.....to shop! And get free food tastings. And take pictures with celebrities mascots. And shopping. Shopping. Shopping.



It's my first time going actually. So I didn't quite prepare myself financially. I've been to expos' before, but this seems a lil more worth it. Mainly cuz everything there is Halal-based. So, for us Muslims, it's totally worth every penny.

I haven't been a big user of Malaysian products. I always look down to many local products. But I've finally wronged myself. I regret every moment I look down on our hardworking locals. They can produce something I can't. How can I be so selfish? Well, it's done. I'm finally on my right path. I'm in love with our local products.

According to my free-food-tasting studies, everything I put into my mouth is heavenly-good. When I ask the producers whereabouts I can get their products, most of them will say it's only available at their production factory. They haven't marketed their products elsewhere, not even neighboring states. The least, would be in few Giant chain outlets (which I've never seen in my home area).

I made a lil shopping there. Like I said earlier, I wasn't prepared financially well. But I can happily said, I shopped with a big smile. Not to count those free-food-tasting activities that me, my brother and his friend did. *rubs happy tummy*.

  
Left: With Cool Blog mascot. Center: Designated chocs. 
Right: Nizam trying to make up his mind. To buy or not to buy.

My turn. To buy or not to buy?
Mister Potato and Mamee Monster.
I wish I could meet them in person.
I wish Halfest would come around every year more often. I propose it be held in every states in Malaysia! I can't say worldwide, cuz Halfest is focused for Malaysia companies only. We have the Malaysia International Halal Showcase (MIHAS) for the world version. That's gonna be held in next April in KLCC. And sorry to say, it's mainly for international buyers. Not for local public. So take advantage of this Halfest the next time it comes around. I know I would~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambest jer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...