Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Perodua Collision

And no..this is not some random story generated from my great geeky imagination. Nor is it the front-page story in today's paper headlines. It is based on a true story............. of me.

Woke up by the sound of my Back In Time alarm music. Took my shower. Performed Subuh prayers. Get dressed. Starts car. Switched radio frequency to Fly.fm. Seatbelts checked. A fresh new day on a fresh new date. Stopped by at BP to buy Cadbury chocolate milk, and here goes the day.

I've had everything planned out for today. Made a promise with friends to join in the badminton training at the office. Brought sports attire fully equipped at the back seat. And was planning to go to Halfest for the second time. Went to Halfest yesterday. I only managed to cover the 2nd floor of the expo, so I thought i'd leave the first floor expo for today. (Which didn't happen. Boo hoo).

Jalan Loke Yew is famously known for its traffic congestion. So there i was stucked in the morning crawl of busy city people in their busy life of work. At the Maharajalela Road (right beneath the Maharajalela Monorail Station), the crawl was even slower. There was a traffic light few meters away. So i pressed the brake pedal. And out of nowhere, CRASH! Instantly my mouth said, "Da Fuck?" (Pardon my language. But that's exactly the words that came out). Yes, a white MyVi from behind hit my car real bad. I drove a Kancil, and was at a save distance with the front Viva. (Well, it is written). No matter how hard i stepped on my brakes, I still hit the Viva. So now it's a threesome accident, with me stucked in the middle.

 I got out the car, the MyVi driver got out, and so did the Viva driver. The Chinese lady driving the MyVi was apologising continuously, I felt sorry for her. She was mentally disturbed she said. It's her last day at work, and she really needs to get to work real fast. Well sorry lady, u ain't going anywhere fast. Not in the morning traffic! (I actually gave her a piece of mind). Considering we were on the right lane, and didn't want the traffic to get worse, we pulled aside to settle. The Chinese lady wanted to solve the situation quick. So she gave me RM300 as an advance. And promised to pay the remainder of the total damage done to my car later. So I took her details and everything (pictures are really important in such situation). The Viva wasn't badly damaged. It's just that her bumper got loosen a bit. She didn't blame me tho (probably after seeing my car was a real sore in the eyes). So she wanted the MyVi lady to pay up. (Which was agreed by both parties). *relief*.

So after settling the situation, everyone was calm, we agreed to go off. The MyVi lady was really bothered. I can't imagine what's waiting for her at her workplace. Considering the traffic was so bad, she decided to park her car at the roadside, and took the Monorail. The Viva lady gave me her namecard, and promised to keep in touch (related to the accident). It was 8.15am, I surely can't make it to work on time. And lemme remind u, my car was really in bad condition. It made a rattling noise every time the car moved. The bumper side was almost touching the tyres. The exhaust was loosed and was rattling so freakingly embarrassing. The plat numbers was wrecked apart. The bumper looked nothing like a bumper. So I decided to not go to work today. Instead, I went to settle the car. After calling my Supervisor at work, acknowledging him bout the accident and my off-day, I went back home.

Then I went to look for a workshop around Pandan Indah Industrial Park. And right I was, that's a heaven place for problematic cars. Asked the foreman about the cost, and he started calculating (by head). The cost to change a new bumper, tapping the dented body, replace new plat number, and repaint... RM850. *wide eyes*. Thank God, it ain't me who's paying. Then I went to the opposite shop selling car accessories, I ordered a new Kancil accesories to replace the broken one. Cost... RM55. So to sum up... RM905.

I called the MyVi driver telling bout the cost. With ease, she said she'll settle it by today. (I sort of scared her when I said that if she didnt want to settle by today, that I'd lodge a police report). And by noon, she banked-in the remainder (she gave me RM300 in advance already). So then I sent the car straight to the workshop, and will leave it there for a couple of days.

Anyhow, I'm thankful that I had no injuries. I felt full protection since I was wearing a seat belt on. I also didn't panicked when it happened. The process to repairing the damage was quick. Us ladies didn't argue nor fight. We settled verbally, and financially quite peacefully with mutual agreements.

I bet the MyVi lady was even more thankful that I drove a Kancil, and not some wealthy tycoon's car.

So now the only concern I have is; How am I to go to work after this? My cousin offered his car (since he uses his motorcycle to work), it's just that maybe I won't be driving to work with his car then. I'll go back to my usual routine. Go to work via public transport (which still requires me to drive alone to the LRT station nearby).

Here are some pics.

What a kiss!
The Viva i 'accidentally' hit
What a mess!
An eye sore
The MyVi
The Viva's bumper
Poor Bigfoot~

Save driving, People!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambest jer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...